Rick AppletonVP, Operations Consulting
Rick Appleton is an accomplished business professional with more than 30 years of executive leadership experience in the full spectrum of Real Estate, Facilities, EH&S, Business Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain and Inventory Management.
Rick’s expertise and experience in building and operating millions of square feet of R&D laboratories, manufacturing and cGMP spaces and office building brings a new Operations Consulting Service to the Hereva portfolio.
Hereva now offers full Facilities and Operations strategy development, organization and streamlining of services offering project delivery, from early stage planning through operational ownership.
Rick’s most recent position was at Foundation Medicine in Cambridge where he was VP of Facilities and Supply. Prior to that he had leadership roles at Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Takeda Oncology, Millennium Pharmaceuticals and Pfizer UK.
Education and Professional Activities:
- College of Estate Management, Reading University, UK
Post Graduate Diploma in Facilities Management
Professional Development Certifications:
- GMP/GDP/GxP / Leadership Development / Decision Making and Problem Solving
- OSHA HAZWOPER and Incident Commander certified/ Performance Management / Project Management
- Communication Skills / Time Management / Crisis Management and Preparedness/ Performance Management
- Building Energy Management Systems / CAFM/ CMMS (Maximo & Archibus)
- Various certified EH&S & Construction Safety Courses
- USA / UK Security Systems /Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Engineering Technology & Design