Patrick is a seasoned professional with over 25 years of experience in the construction industry. Primarily working in the research and technology sectors, he has spent the past 18 years specializing in client representation and project management services. Patrick understands the requirements of facilities services, the importance of maintaining operations, fast response and internal customer service balanced with company policy – all while keeping the client’s financial goals and corporate values at the forefront.
- Project Management and Owner’s Representation
- Design/Construction Cost and Contract Management
- Facilities and Operations Support Services
Patrick’s construction experience began in MEP engineering and his in-depth understanding of construction principles quickly led him to project management. Working as a contractor and a consultant, he gained experience in construction operations, including the contractual and administrative requirements of a project.
Patrick practiced as a QS (quantity surveyor – cost/contract consulting) in London; where he was responsible for managing the commercial aspects of project delivery, including procurement, contracts, and cost management to project close-out. Working on diverse projects, he developed a wide range of lifecycle costing and project delivery skills. Patrick demonstrated a thorough knowledge of the design and operations from owner brief to building handover.
Owner’s Project Manager
As an owner’s project manager, Patrick is able to manage the clients’ commercial needs and user experience from programming to building occupancy. He is adept at being able to communicate with all levels of the organization and ensure the timely flow of information between owner, designer and construction manager. His focus is on managing the owner’s program while maintaining cost and schedule throughout the design, construction, relocation and start-up of building operations.
As Managing Director and Principle-in-Charge of Hereva Consultants, Patrick is able to maintain a direct relationship with the owner and ensure complete, dedicated services to his clients. Hereva is a real estate consultancy dedicated to understanding our client’s needs and making their vision a reality.
Prior to forming Hereva, Patrick was Director of Operations of the Boston office for an international project management consulting firm. As such, he was responsible for all business operations, client relations and staff development.
Bachelors of Science (Hons) — Cost Management of Building Engineering Services, UK, 1999
BTec Higher National Diploma – Building Engineering Services (Commercial), UK, 1994
BTec National Diploma – Building Engineering Services (Commercial), UK, 1992
Recently, Patrick worked closely with Global Capital Projects managing multiple expansion projects for an innovative, burgeoning life science technology company. Phase 1 completed in June 2015, Phase 2 scheduled for April 2016, and additional phases on the drawing board, Patrick manages all aspects of the delivery for these mission critical, fast-tracked projects.
Prior, he acted as owner’s representative during the highly technical and challenging construction of a fast track 250,000 sf high-rise corporate headquarters expansion for a major biotech research firm located in Cambridge, MA. Patrick also working directly with the RE planning and user groups to manage the resulting restack and relocation of 800 employees and their associated work-spaces.
Additional Projects Include:
- Moderna, Norwood, MA
- Foundation Medicine, Cambridge, MA
- Waverly Hall, 115 Mt Auburn St, Cambridge, MA
- Alnylam, Norton, MA
- Alnylam, UK
- LogMeIn, 333 Summer Street, Boston, MA
- LiquiGlide, Cambridge, MA
Major Project Experience:
- Broad Institute, 75 Ames Street, Cambridge, MA
- Broad Institute, 301 Binney Street, Cambridge, MA
- Novartis MDx Facility, Cambridge, MA
- Genzyme gNOC, Northborough, MA
- Genzyme New Facility, Beijing, PRC.
- Amgen AMA Phase 4, Cambridge, MA.
- Novartis Institute of Biomedical Research Corporate HQ, 220 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA
- Takeda/Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Vivarium, Cambridge, MA
- Takeda/Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Campus Restructuring, Cambridge, MA
- Takeda/Millennium Pharmaceuticals, orporate HQ, 40 Landsdowne St, Cambridge, MA
- Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, MA
- Boehringer Ingelheim, Bracknell, UK